Direct to product rotary digital printing involves the transfer of UV ink directly from inkjet print heads and can be used to produce detailed artwork using both closely matched spot colours and full colour branding.
- Ideal for large or complex full colour prints.
- The print is dry and ready to ship as soon as the product is printed.
- Only one setup charge is required regardless of the number of print colours.
- No loss of print vibrancy, even on darker products.
- Production speed is limited so lead times can be longer in some cases.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic and neon/fluorescent colours.
- As the print does not wrap completely around the product, there is a small gap between the start and end of the print.
- More expensive than other branding options.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
- Supplied bitmaps must be higher than 300DPI resolution at the actual print size.
- Fonts are advised to be converted to outlines/objects to avoid font conflicts.