Laser engraving is a permanent branding process that engraves artwork into the surface of the product using a laser. Different materials produce different engraving finishes, to avoid uncertainty pre-production samples are recommended.
- Higher perceived value than other forms of branding.
- The branding becomes part of the surface and is permanent.
- Large branding areas available on curved products.
- Can produce variable data such as individual names.
- The product can be shipped straight away after being engraved.
- Fine detail can be lost on smaller products like pens.
- Artwork must be supplied in editable vector format.
- Fonts are advised to be converted to outlines/objects to avoid font conflicts.