Direct digital printing involves the transfer of ink directly from the print heads of an inkjet machine to the product and can be used to produce both full colour and closely matched spot colour branding on flat or slightly curved surfaces.
- Ideal for printing dark coloured products as a layer of white ink can be printed under the artwork.
- Can print variable data including individual names.
- Dried instantly so products can be shipped immediately.
- Offers larger print areas on many products and can print very close to the edge of flat products.
- Only one set up charge is required regardless of the number of print colours.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic and neon/fluorescent colours.
- The size of branding areas is limited on curved surfaces.
- Larger print areas can be more expensive.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
- Supplied bitmaps must be higher than 300DPI resolution at the actual print size.
- A 3mm bleed must be added to the artwork if it bleeds off the product.