A digital transfer is a CMYK+W printing method used for branding fabrics. The artwork is printed on transfer paper using a digital printing machine, then heat pressed onto the product.
- Cost effective method for producing full colour and closely matched spot colour transfers.
- High definition, complex, vibrant artwork suitable for a range of garment fabrics.
- Produces a matt finish that will not crack or fade under normal circumstances.
- Efficient self-weeding technology.
- Only one set up charge is required regardless of the number of print colours.
- Can be shipped straight after being printed.
- Uses eco-friendly water-based inks.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced such as metallic and neon/fluorescent colours.
- A thin keyline of glue can sometimes be seen around the edges of the image.
- Unable to print variable data.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
- Supplied bitmaps must be higher than 300DPI resolution at the actual print size.