Flatbed Screen Printing is achieved by forcing ink through a fine mesh screen with a squeegee onto the product and is ideal for branding flat objects.
- Large print areas are possible on flat products.
- Close PMS matches are possible on white or light-coloured products.
- Most screen print inks dry quickly and can be shipped immediately after printing.
- Fluorescent, metallic gold and silver inks are available.
- Many products can print with tight multi-colour registration, with some products able to be printed using up to six colours.
- Halftones are achievable on some products.
- Close PMS matches are more difficult on darker products and will only be approximate. In some instances, a white base will create a better print.
- Unable to print variable data.
- Each colour requires its own setup charge.
- Artwork must be supplied in editable vector format.
- Fonts are advised to be converted to outlines/objects to avoid font conflicts.