Dye sublimation print is used for branding products that have a special coating on them, or fabrics suitable for the sublimation process. A transfer is produced by printing sublimation ink onto transfer paper and then heat pressing it onto the product.
- Sublimation ink is a dye so there is no ink build-up. The finished print is embedded in the product.
- Ideal for producing vivid full colour images as well as closely matched spot colour branding.
- Can print variable data including individual names.
- Edge-to-edge branding can be achieved on some products.
- Only one set up charge is required regardless of the number of print colours.
- Can only be used on suitable products with white surfaces.
- Some colours cannot be reproduced including white, metallic, and neon/fluorescent colours.
- Fine detail/text may experience minor colour bleed across adjacent design elements.
- Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
- Supplied bitmaps must be higher than 300DPI resolution at the actual print size.
- A 3mm bleed must be added to the artwork if it bleeds off the product.